Alfa Chemistry relies on strong experts in the field of ion exchange to provide customers with customized ion membrane services. We will design according to your requirements and get products that satisfy you. Our customized services are well received by customers. Our goal is to help more customers get the products they want. Alfa Chemistry is always the guarantee of quality.
About ion exchange membranes
Many studies have been carried out on the preparation of ion exchange membranes, and different film forming methods have been studied for ion exchange membranes with different functions. (Wenxue Guan., et al, 2019)
Preparation of Heterogeneous Ion Exchange Membranes
(1) Casting polymerization method: The ion exchange resin is uniformly diffused in the partially cross-linked polymer solution, and the cast is formed into a film and then cross-linked to form a film.
(2) Salivation method: Using the salivation method, the mixed solution of polymer solution and ion exchange resin is uniformly dispersed on a horizontal metal surface or glass surface, and the solvent is volatilized by heating to form a final film.
(3) Melt extrusion method: By heating or adding a plasticizer, the mixture of ion exchange resin and inert polymer is made into a semi-fluid state and extruded into a film.
(4) Hot pressing method: After the polymer and ion exchange resin are uniformly mixed to form a film, a mesh is added, and the film is formed by hot pressing.
Preparation of Semi-Homogeneous Ion Exchange Membranes
Like the film forming process of the heterogeneous ion exchange membranes, the ion exchange resin prepared in the previous stage is used to prepare the film according to the heterogeneous membrane forming method.
Preparation of Homogeneous Ion Exchange Membranes
(1) Impregnation method: base film is obtained by hot-press polymerization of base material and initiator, polyethylene film. The ion exchange membrane is obtained by grafting ion exchange groups.
(2) Paste method: Similar to the impregnation method, the base membrane is first obtained by pressure polymerization. Based on the base membrane, different functional exchange groups are introduced to make the prepared ion exchange membrane target different Ion has selective permeability.
(3) Grafting method: The traditional grafting method is to first irradiate the base film with radiation sources such as radiation or ultraviolet light to generate free radicals and graft copolymerization to prepare the base film. Due to the presence of unsaturated bonds on the branch of the graft copolymer, it can be sulfonated or chloromethylated and quaternized to prepare ion exchange membranes with different selective permeability.
Study on Modification of Ion Exchange Membranes
(1) Surface modification by irradiation grafting
(2) Surface modification by immersion method
(3) Plasma surface modification
(4) Surface modification of organic solvent coating
(5) Surface modification of electrodeposition coating
The so-called blending modification is a method of re-die-casting the modified dopant material and the matrix into a film after fusion.
Alfa Chemistry is not only a professional ion exchange resin supplier, but also has industry-leading ion exchange technology. Our customized membrane products can be used in many fields. Our customers can directly contact our experts and provide timely feedback on any online inquiries. If you are interested in our services, please contact us.
- Wenxue Guan., et al. Development and application of ion exchange membrane. Applied Chemical Industry. 2019,48(04):888-892.